If you have been active on social media, you might have heard about a game called “The blue whale game” this so-called game was on the news three years ago. Reports said that there was a game which encouraged young teens to harm themselves or others and commit suicide. Now you might ask, How is such a game allowed? The answer is simple; it’s not. But it is hard to find the people who are responsible for this game.
What is the blue whale game?
The blue whale game is a game where they try to brainwash you into self-harm, depression and even suicide. You have to do 50 challenges in 40 days and to complete the game you have to kill yourself. But how does it get this far? The game starts easy with some challenges, for example, wake up at 4 am, listen to weird/ creepy sounds, and watch people harm themselves. After the “easy” stage, it starts to get darker. First of all, you have to find the highest building in the area and go to the roof here is a list of all the challenges the participants are mend to do
The list of steps your kid would follow
- Carve a specific phrase on the person’s own hand or arm.
- Wake up at 4:20 am and watch a scary video (sent by the curator.)
- Make lengthwise cuts on the person’s own arm.
- Draw a whale on a piece of paper
- Write “yes” on the person’s own leg if ready to be a whale. Otherwise, they should cut themselves multiple times.
- Secret task (written in code.)
- Scratch (a message) on the person’s own arm.
- Write a status online about being a whale.
- Overcome a fear.
- Get up at 4:20 and go to the roof.
- Carve a whale on the person’s own hand.
- Watch scary videos all day.
- Listen to music the “curator” sends.
- Cut your lip.
- Poke the person’s own arm/hand with a needle.
- Make yourself hurt or sick.
- Go to a roof and stand on the edge.
- Stand on a bridge.
- Climb a crane.
- At this step, the “curator” somehow checks to see if the participant is trustworthy.
- Talk with a “whale” on Skype.
- Sit down on a roof with legs dangling over the edge.
- Another job that is in code.
- A secret mission
- Meet with a “whale.”
- The “curator” assigns a date that the person will die.
- Visit a railroad.
- Do not talk with anyone all day.
- Give an oath/vow about being a whale
The blue whale game was off the radar for a few years now. But in 2020 it made its return.
How do they try to make you play the game?
They mostly try to send a private message via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. They start with the sentence “Do you want to play a game?” mostly followed by a tread consisting of a picture of dead or wounded people with the text “this is you when you ignore” these types of images do no one over want to see. When you participate, it is tough to stop with the challenge because of the treads and the pressure of the group. To avoid getting in this situation, block every account contacting you with the name Jonathan Galindo or with this profile picture.
If you accidentally text back, there is nothing to worry about as long you don’t say yes or click any links he might send you there is no reason to worry. These people cant get to your personal information as long you don’t click any links they send you. It is also important to check if your friends are not participating. by checking if they are following the steps listed above.
The blue whale game is a dangerous and horrible game, but as long you follow these easy steps to prevent getting involved in the game you should be fine. But if you DO get involved remember it is never to late to stop playing the game despite all the things they said would happen if you did and you can always call with your countries suicide hotline if you feel like your willing to commit suicide, You must also contact local authorities when you have played the blue whale game so that they possibly can find the people behind this sick organisation. if you want to protect your kid against all the online dangers follow this E-course on how to protect your kid